Reference Number BRA0301
Principal Petroleum Engineer
Closing date for applications 14 August 2013
City Rio de Janeiro
Function/Discipline Petroleum Engineering
Employment Category This is a permanent role (An expatriate package will be available)
Working Hours Full/Part-Time Full Time
Number of Roles Available 1
Oversee the technical development of each Fields FPSO in-line with BGs business planning and reserve/resource maturation aspirations.
- Integrates and Communicates all project aspects to interested BG parties and ensuring adherence to BGs VAF assurance project funnel;
- Represents BG Brazil at all Field Operator meetings and workshops to deliver technical and project excellence;
- Coordinates assets short term forecasting and contribution to BG TVP business planning and reserve/resource reviews;
- Monitors production and updates sanctioned Field numerical model for reservoir management purposes;
- Interprets exploration and development production logging and pressure transient tests;
- Mentors junior team members.
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
Experience Needed: Petroleum engineering multi-phase fluid Field exploration, appraisal and development in a fast moving environment. Non-operated, mutli-cultural partner interaction. Experience of BG VAF assurance, Business Planning and Reserve booking workflows.
Languages, Skills & Atributes:
Solid foundation in multi-phase fluid Petroleum Engineering. Minimum MSc Petroleum Engineering. Organised, self motivated multi-cultural team player. Adaptable and sensitive to working in a key BG asset in a foreign environment.
Knowledge of Portuguese language is a clear advantage, or at least the willingless to learn on the job in order to be more effective within partner meetings.
Additional Information for External Candidates
BG Group values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that after the closing date you will no longer be able to apply for the vacancy. The specific time of closing is midnight UK time on the date displayed. BG Group also reserves the right to close vacancies before the advertised closing date without prior notice.